Last month we reported on a Lancet study that found flu shots do NOT work in 98.5 percent of people who receive the shot. Now, more research is showing flu shots can lead to an increase risk for swine flu, an increased risk of hospitalization and narcolepsy in children, and an increased risk of Alzheimer’s disease in seniors.
Research from Canada and Hong Kong has shown that people who received the seasonal flu vaccine in 2008 had twice the risk of getting the H1N1 “swine flu,” compared to those who hadn’t received a flu shot.
According to microbiology experts, if you get immunized with the seasonal flu vaccine, you get less “broad” protection against a wider variety of viruses than if you were to get a natural infection and naturally recover without the vaccine.
Research published in the Journal of Virology in November of last year also confirmed that the seasonal flu vaccine may actually weaken children’s immune systems and increase their chances of getting sick from influenza viruses not included in the vaccine. When blood samples from 27 healthy, unvaccinated children and 14 children who had received an annual flu shot were compared, the unvaccinated children naturally built up more antibodies across a wider variety of influenza strains compared to the vaccinated children.
In a study to determine if flu vaccines reduced hospitalizations in all children, children were evaluated at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota from six months to 18 years of age, all of whom had prior laboratory-confirmed influenza. It was found that vaccinated children had three times the risk of hospitalization compared to unvaccinated children along with a significantly higher risk for hospitalized-vaccinated asthmatics. This is according to research presented at the 105th International Conference of the American Thoracic Society in San Diego.
According to a Canadian study, pandemrix, the swine flu vaccine, caused a 17-fold increase in narcolepsy (suddenly falling asleep at inappropriate times) among flu-vaccinated children.
Finally, it has recently been reported that people 55 years of age or older who receive the flu vaccine each year for five years in a row increase their risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease a whopping 1,000 percent!
According to many health experts, vaccines are never 100 percent protective because they provide only temporary, artificial immunity compared to what your body would receive from naturally contracting and recovering from an illness.
How to Optimize Your Immune System:
- Achieve Normal Vitamin D Levels. Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) supplements are 8 times more effective than flu shots! Take 1,000-5,000IU/day (children), 5,000IU/day (teenagers), 5,000-10,000IU/day (adults). Have blood levels tested to achieve 50-80ng.
- Reduce Sugar, Grain and Processed Foods
- Drink Green Tea Instead of Soda. The polyphenols in green tea are antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral.
- Get Adjusted! Several studies have shown spinal adjustments stimulate the immune system into action to fight foreign viruses and bacteria.
- Get Regular, Good Quality Sleep
- Exercise on a Regular Basis
- Reduce Stress and Have Effective Tools to Manage Stress
- Brennan PC, et al. Enhanced phagocytic cell respiratory burst induced by spinal manipulation: potential role of substance P. JMPT, 1991;14:399-408.
- Brennan PC, et al. Enhanced neurtophil respiratory burst as a biological marker for manipulation forces: duration of the effect and association with substance P and tumor necrosis factor. JMPT,1992;15:83-9.
- Selano JL. The effects of specific upper cervical adjustments on the CD4 counts of HIV positive patients. Chiro Res J, 1994;3:32-9.
- Teodorczyk-Injeyan JA, Injeyan HS, McGregor M, et al. Enhancement of in vitro interleukin-2 production in normal subjects following a single spinal manipulative treatment. Chiropr Osteopat, 2008;16:5.
- Teodorczyk-Injeyan JA, et al. Interleukin-2 regulated in vitro antibody production following a single spinal manipulative treatment in normal subjects. Chiropr Osteopat, 2010;18:26.