This class is about restoring, strengthening, maintaining, preventing
- Restoring flexibility, stability, posture, alignment, balance, movement
- Strengthening muscles, bones, neuromuscular coordination
- Maintaining a higher level of activity and function
- Preventing pain, musculoskeletal wear and tear
This is unlike any other fitness class you have taken. This class is designed to restore what your body has lost due to pain and injury so you can live the most active, pain-free lifestyle you deserve.
The Neuroscience Behind The Class…
Unfortunately, the pain and injuries we experience throughout life changes the way our brain controls movement. We develop subtle, “compensations” that most of us aren’t aware of. Compensations change the way we are naturally designed to move and we end up sacrificing alignment, flexibility and stability somewhere in the body. Joint stress and muscle strain from faulty movement builds up to a point where the body starts breaking down and we develop painful “wear and tear” conditions, such as arthritis, tendinitis, bursitis, disc bulging, herniation, degeneration, and so on.
Most of these exercises are based on a relatively new, ground-breaking approach called Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS). What is DNS?
How This Class is Different…
During the class, we will be able to identify your compensations and movement faults on the spot and show you how to correct them. Our philosophy is to train proper movements first, then strengthen a better movement pattern by adding resistance.
This class will teach you how to…
- Move the way your body was naturally designed to move
- Reintroduce fundamental movements that are the foundation for a stronger, more stable body
- Retrain your brain so that new, less damaging movements become automatic
- Perform strengthening exercises that promote proper joint stabilization and body alignment
- Exercise in a way that is safer and less stressful to your joints
- Perform exercises that improve your posture
- Strengthen your body’s “weakest links”
The goal of any exercise program should be to build your body up without breaking it down. That is what this class is all about.
Class sizes are small – 10 participants or less
We cover exercises for all problematic areas, including the foot, knee, legs, hips, back, core, neck, shoulder, arms, elbow, wrist and hand
The exercises we perform will be based on the participant’s needs, desires, condition and skill level.
Exercises are performed in a variety of positions including sitting, standing, kneeling, and on the floor (you can bring your own yoga mat if you like)
If you have a chronic problem area, joint replacement or other issue, notify the instructor prior to starting the class.
Day, Time, and Location
Ultimate Body Fix
415 W Golf Road Suite 29
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Single session drop-ins $20
5 Session Package $89
10 Session Package $169