- Introduce the concepts of diaphragmatic breathing, intra-abdominal pressure, dynamic joint alignment (centration), and core stabilization
- Learn why the developmental “milestones” are the blueprints for ideal movement patterns in adults
- Learn how the deterioration of flawless movement patterns in infants/toddlers lead to the development of musculoskeletal pain in adults
- Evaluate and identify any faults in your ability to perform diaphragmatic breathing and intra-abdominal pressure separately and simultaneously
- Evaluate and identify any faulty movement patterns/compensations you have acquired from pain, past injuries or bad coaching
- Learn corrective exercises to improve your ability to use diaphragmatic breathing and intra-abdominal pressure with movement to train better movement habits
- Learn exercises in developmental “milestone” positions to create a better movement platform for higher level exercises, recreational activities, and sports
- Learn a daily exercise routine you can perform to move better, stabilize better, feel better, and perform better
When: Sunday, April 29th 9:00-11:00am
Where: First Health Associates
2010 S.Arlington Heights Rd #42 (Lower Level)
This class is limited to 12 participants
Registration is required to sign up for this class
This is a floor-based exercise class.
Exercise/yoga mats will be provided.
You can bring your own yoga mat if you desire.
Please wear comfortable workout attire
Questions? Email email@example.com
About the Instructor
Dr. Ryan Hamm is a chiropractor in Arlington Heights and has been in practice for 24 years. He specializes in posture and movement rehabilitation to resolve painful conditions of the musculoskeletal system. For several years, he has been studying the most critical components people need for ideal posture and movement to minimize joint wear and tear. He is nearing completion of becoming a Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) certified practitioner.